Friday, December 25, 2009

The Last Night

Tonight is our last night here in Corolla. I am laid up on a sofa listening to the rain & wind outside as a storm passes though. Luckily, the house doesn't sway as the wind blows! The kids are playing video games and with toys or watching tv somewhere in this vast house.

When we arrived Saturday afternoon, I thought I would kill over from walking up and down 4 flights of stairs between my bedroom & the kitchen/living room areas. But now, I don't even blink as I climb the stairs - unless I have to make 3 back to back trips up & down. All the adults have learned to make sure you have what you need the first trip or you have to decide to live without it until your next trip down - or - see if you can con a kid to get what you need.

This week held many an adventure between the Strickland's, Ballew's & Rummage's since there were 18 of us. We walked on the beach together and seperate, did the tourist thing, washed at least 50 loads of dishes, 50 loads of laundry, kept 2 refrigerators full of food, had a fight here & there but all in all, I wouldn't trade this for anything.

We thank everyone for following along with us through our blogs and FaceBook pages and hope each of you enjoyed the posting and pictures.

Words can not express the thankfulness I have for my Mom & Dad who made this Christmas vacation possible. If I could change one thing about this vacation, it would be...nah, I wouldn't change a thing!!!!

No comments: