Sunday, August 26, 2012

Volleyball Shows us a Historic Site

Yesterday, Emma and her JV team was part of the 4th Annual Randolph-Asheboro YMCA Volleyball Classic. On our way to Southwestern Randolph High School where the JV teams were participating, we turned on to a road called Pisgah Covered Bridge Road. I wondered out loud to Jamey to if there was an actual covered bridge and he informed me that he had no clue. So, after Em's games, I asked the best person I know that would know stuff like that. My Dad. He even gave me a history lesson on the bridge including info on it being rebuilt after telling me there was such a bridge not to far from where we were. (It has to be rebuilt after storm waters from Hurricane Hazel floated it off it's foundation.) He gave us round about directions then I went to the GPS and entered it & it popped up.  We drove a couple of miles down the road and were rewarded with a beautiful view. This link shows you better than what I could do with my iPod yesterday.
 
 After walking the bridge and looking for trolls (we didn't see any), we headed toward Asheboro to grab something to eat.  After some thinking, the decision of Rock-Ola Cafe was choose. Jamey and I haven't eaten at one of these since before we were married.  Emma never turns down a cheeseburger, so she wasn't that hard to please.  This was my Black & Bleu Burger and below is Em pulling the top bun from her Swiss Cheeseburger to add ketchup to it.
 

No comments: